This is an opt-in system that helps address the enforcement of matrimonial maintenance payments.
Complainant can benefit from this platform as a preventive measure to discourage Respondent from defaulting. Basically it serves as a deterrent for Respondents to default the maintenance payments. In addition, for default cases, Complainant now no longer need to give up a right enshrined in the Women’s Charter and granted by Court through making multiple trips to the Court to enforce maintenance orders.
To opt-in, you simply need to be present with your NRIC / Passport and the relevant Court documents and complete the form at our office located at 10 Kallang Avenue #14-18 Aperia Tower 2 Singapore 339510 or call 6738 1900 to fix an appointment.
- Do I have to pay to join DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau?
- What are the operational hours of DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau
- How do I lodge the matrimonial default claims to DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau?
- Do I need to inform DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau when I receive payment from the Respondent?
- If the Respondent make good the payments, can I continue to place the record in the DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau?
- Do I need to pay for a copy of the matrimonial maintenance claim report?
- Will DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau help me to collect overdue matrimonial money from the Respondent?
Questions & answers:
1. Do I have to pay to join DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau?
Yes, there is a nominal fee of S$50/- per year subject to the prevailing GST rates.
However, discount or waiver of the annual fee may be considered for hardship cases on a case-by-case basis.
2. What are the operational hours of DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau
You may make telephone enquiries via DP SME CCB hotline during its business hours as follows:
|Monday – Friday
||9.00am – 5.30pm
Note: Our office is closed on Sundays and Public Holidays
3. How do I lodge the matrimonial default claims to DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau?
For the initial submission of record, you may want to visit our office in person with the following documents:
- Your Identity Card / Passport
- Duly completed and signed Matrimonial Maintenance Claim Application form
- Court Order, stating the matrimonial sum and identity of the Respondent, and
- Past six (6) months’ payment details
- Other supporting documents related to the matrimonial maintenance order to either of the following locations:
10 Kallang Avenue
#14-18 Aperia Tower 2
International Plaza @ Anson Road
10 Anson Road #05-17
If you are authorising another person to update the matrimonial maintenance claim report on your behalf, you have to fill in the 'Authorisation to submit on behalf' section of the application form. He/she should bring along both his/her and your original photo ID with NRIC number (such as NRIC) or passport (for foreigners) for verification.
4. Do I need to inform DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau when I receive payment from the Respondent?
We would require you to update us at least on a monthly basis to let us know if there is payment received. This is important for the following reasons:
- If the Respondent starts to pay, it will motivate the Respondent to continue to pay you timely to display better payment records;
- To minimize unnecessary conflicts resulting in non payment; and
- If the Respondent has to continuously submit documents as evidence that payment has been paid, we may practice discretion in removing the record(s).
5. If the Respondent make good the payments, can I continue to place the record in the DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau?
We would encourage you to continue posting the record in the DP SME CCB and update the payment on a monthly basis. However, in the event that the respondent strongly oppose to the posting due to good payment behaviour, the maintenance record will be removed after 3 months of good payment records.
6. Do I need to pay for a copy of the matrimonial maintenance claim report?
You can request for a copy of the respondent's matrimonial maintenance claim report from DP SMECCB when you update your record at no charge. However, there will a fee for the report to be sent to you on a regular basis.
7. Will DP SME Commercial Credit Bureau help me to collect overdue matrimonial money from the Respondent?
*Terms & Conditions apply.
Yes. You may assign DP SME CCB to collect the outstanding matrimonial amount owing from the respondent on a "No Collection, No Commission basis".